Catholic Charities of the Finger Lakes is a private not-for-profit agency providing programs and services to families and individuals in Ontario, Wayne, Seneca, Yates and Cayuga Counties. Programs target emergency assistance/meeting basic needs, health care for the uninsured, strengthening families, working with children in foster care, counseling, and more. In addition to providing direct services we work to address issues of justice and peace throughout our community. Services are provided to all individuals without regard to religious affiliation.
For more than 35 years Catholic Charities of the Finger Lakes has been working aggressively to meet the ever-changing needs of individuals in the communities we serve. Our efforts to provide quality, effective, and efficient services have positioned this agency to reach several thousand individuals each year.
Catholic Charities of the Finger Lakes mission is to help people in need, especially children and families at risk, and to advocate for social justice.
• Each year more than 18,000 meals are served through our free Community Lunch Program.
• We assist children in foster care with developing independent living skills and in maintaining safe interactions with non-custodial parents through the Supervised Visitation Program.
• More than 4,000 households receive direct emergency assistance to resolve their energy or utility related emergencies each year.
• Families are assisted with funds to meet emergency transportation needs including financial assistance getting to medical appointments and help with car repairs necessary to maintain employment.
• Individuals and families are assisted with meeting emergency medical needs including direct care through our clinic partnership with Thompson Health, assistance with obtaining health insurance or assistance meeting out of pocket medical expenses including prescription co-pays.
• We routinely provide direct assistance to more than 100 homeless families each year. In addition to direct assistance we work with community partners to advocate and educate around issues of safe, affordable and quality housing.
• We provide comprehensive case management services help build family and economic financial stability for more than 75 households each year.
• By coordinating with area Faith Communities, schools, businesses and other interested parties, the organization develops programs and activities designed to educate the community regarding issues of social justice.
Catholic Charities of the Finger Lakes is part of a comprehensive human service network that seeks to identify areas of greatest need and works to create innovative and effective programming to respond to those needs. We work to minimize duplication and maximize effectiveness of services in the best interest of families in the Finger Lakes.
We focus on: Human Services
Where we are: Ontario, Seneca, Wayne, Yates
Back to Not-For-Profits