Fine Art Miracles, Inc. (FAM), enriches our community socially, emotionally, and cognitively through Fine Art Education and Creative Art Therapies: art therapy, music therapy, dance & movement therapy, multi-sensory engagements and FAMbots (Social Robotics). FAM serves people of all ages and capabilities, utilizing traditional community services as well as advanced behavioral techniques, including socially assistive peer agents, as we continuously expand our ability to reach challenged individuals more effectively. Our mission is to make the benefits of creative expression available to everyone!
When it comes to quality of life, the underserved elderly, people with disabilities, and children with challenges or those growing up in disadvantaged neighborhoods are among the most vulnerable. These are the communities FAM serves.
FAM’s core programs include:
● Fine Art Programs – Art lessons provided at nursing homes and residences for all levels of capability. Lessons include references to master artists or art movements; an educational component providing life-long learning. Now transformed into: ART2GO for the Socially Isolated - The ART2GO Program is a continuation of FAM’s commitment to its Fine Art Progams. At a time when many feel the stress of isolation, the benefits making therapeutic art in a supportive art community are a welcome relief. For the elderly in nursing homes & assisted living facilities, people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, ART2GO offers an opportunity for enjoying the personal benefits that art provides, as well as the feeling of belonging.These unique and creatively designed packages include all supplies needed for the lesson along with an Artist introduction, examples of completed projects and step by step instructions. Reusable supplies can accommodate future lessons. Support for participants is available from FAM’s art teachers & therapists, able to provide guidance and community connection. Completed works may be displayed in FAM’s online gallery. Afterwards, evaluation data can be collected by teachers and therapists regarding how program objectives were met.
● Art Therapy – For those with intellectual and developmental disabilities, younger children, older adults, and children on the autism spectrum, who may be less capable and/or less comfortable expressing themselves via words, this modality can be especially effective.
● Dance & Movement Therapy – Addressing the needs of people of all ages which, due to illness or disabilities, may have negatively impacted self-image/self-esteem. DMT relies on movement and other nonverbal behavior as the primary means of communicating and connecting.
● Multi-Sensory Sessions - FAM-designed experience combines aroma therapy, music, a sensory covering, and social robot to provide those with memory loss with one on one in-the-moment activities. Sessions evolve over time to group socialization.
● Music Therapy - Sessions are designed to promote group members’ creativity, strengthen relationships, and maintain and build upon cognitive capacity.
● FAMbots - Social Robotics used as an assistive tool to learn, especially effective for children with challenges. Socially assistive robots provide a bridge to learning by removing inhibition, while motivating children to focus for longer periods of time. Now, offering both remote robotics and Hugo Robot Zooms.
FAM's new mission is to provide Borderless Services so that the benefits of Creative Art Therapies and Social Robotics can be not only available, but accessible to everyone!
We focus on: Arts and Culture, Human Services
Where we are: Monroe, Ontario, Orleans
Back to Not-For-Profits