The Friends and Foundation of the Henrietta Public Library are a non-profit group dedicated to helping the library fund special programs and projects for all ages, toddlers to adults, to help promote reading and promote the use of the Henrietta Public Library.
Some of the programs your donations helped to sponsor during 2022 are:
- The Rochester Children's Book Festival to be held November 5th at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- The Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival held September 24th at Frontier Field.
- The Minerva Campbell Awards for Senior and Junior High School writers. Students submit prose and poetry writings to the Minerva Campbell selection committee and cash awards are given to the Senior and Junior winners in each category.
- Henrietta Public Library's first annual Tiny Art Show in which over 200 artists of all ages designed tiny canvases that were displayed in the library's atrium this summer.
- Adult Craft Events - Donations helped to provide craft supplies for various adult craft classes at the library. These popular events included making macrame key chains, flower bookmarks and watercolor paintings of a beach scene.
- Youth services fall events include two special events for teens. These are the Halloween After-Hours Party in October and our special Noon Years Eve celebration for young children and their families in December during the holiday break week.
Please help us to continue providing these and other events that provide enjoyment for all of our young and mature patrons respectively.
We focus on: Education
Where we are: Monroe
Back to Not-For-Profits