Since 1989, InterVol has spread the generous and humanitarian spirit of Rochester across the globe. With a focus on bridging medical supply surplus with community need, InterVol increases access to medical supplies and equipment for the impoverished, marginalized, under- and uninsured, all while reducing our carbon footprint.
To date, InterVol has collected 1.5 million lbs. of new medical supplies and gently used medical equipment, worth approximately $15 million, from hospitals, medical facilities, and individuals across Western New York. These are items are then redistributed free of charge to nearly 60 non-profits in the Greater Rochester Area, such Boy Scouts of America, Daystar for Medically Fragile Children, Lollypop Farm, Seneca Park Zoo, and St. Joseph's Neighborhood Center.
We've collected everything from a Band-Aid to an ambulance, all of which would have otherwise gone to a landfill or incinerator. Anything not needed or unable to be used locally is shipped to developing nations and have since reached the shores of over 80 countries. These items improve the health of children and families who live in some of the poorest conditions imaginable, where food is a luxury and a clean bandage is more valuable than gold.
Why should you donate to InterVol today?
- You will increase the number of patients in Greater Rochester Area who will have access to the durable medical equipment needed to keep them in their homes with their families.
- You will help more local non-profits obtain more medical supplies, which will keep the out-of-pocket cost for our less fortunate friends and neighbors at a minimum.
- You will help rebuild more communities afflicted by natural disasters
- You will provide more medical supplies to more doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, and students going to medical mission trips to developing nations.
- You will increase the quality and diversity of healthcare that is available to some the poorest children and families in the world.
Most of all, a gift to InterVol today will SAVE LIVES.
We focus on: Health, The Environment
Where we are: Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, Yates
Back to Not-For-Profits