Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute (RLMI) (est 2017) increases awareness of the impact that food and lifestyle behaviors have on the health of our bodies, our communities, and our planet. Through scalable and affordable results-oriented programs, we teach people how to prevent and reverse chronic disease and promote better health through food.
An estimated 70-80% of chronic illness could be avoided with a healthy lifestyle. Over 2/3 of Americans are either overweight or obese and ~150 million have at least one chronic illness. Type 2 Diabetes affects nearly 10% of the adult population of the US and over 25% of adults over 65.
In our 15-Day Jumpstart program alone, through tracking of specific health measures such as weight, blood pressure, and cholesterol, participant outcomes have been astounding, showing clinically significant results in these areas in just two weeks. Those who are the sickest generally see the best results, with 7.3 pounds being the average lost for those with BMI over 30 - within 2 weeks.
We have also published several papers in medical journals, including one on the benefits of lifestyle medicine during a pandemic.
We seek funding to:
1. Offer scholarships for the underserved, those affected most by chronic disease and for whom the financial barrier is most severe.
2. Scale our programs to make Lifestyle Medicine the standard of care within healthcare, so that people are empowered to make impactful lifestyle behavior changes.
3. Conduct further clinical research, studies and publish results, such as on our ongoing CKD and rhematoid arthritis studies.
Our results show that 2 weeks is all it takes for individuals to be empowered to take control of their health.
Please help us continue our work to heal those who need it most .
We focus on: Education, Health
Where we are: Monroe
We have a matching grant!
Make Lifestyle Medicine the Standard of Care in Healthcare
Our matching donor will match up to $5k of support from RocTheDay to reduce the burden of chronic disease on society and the healthcare system. Your donation will help us:
1. Teach skills and empower individuals to take control of their health as well as prevent and reverse lifestyle-based chronic diseases that afflict 6 in 10 adults in the USA, focus on the root cause of disease, not just treating the symptoms.
2. Educate individuals and medical practitioners about the power of a Whole-Food Plant-Based (WFPB) diet and its proven ability to heal the body from within.
3. Establish Lifestyle Medicine as the foundation for health and the healthcare system by helping us scale, conduct clinical research/studies and publish results, and reaching the underserved and most vulnerable with scholarships and support to make life lasting changes.
Back to Not-For-Profits