The Climate Solutions Accelerator is an inclusive, nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to build a healthier, more equitable, and regenerative community by catalyzing local efforts to eliminate greenhouse gas emissions and address the impacts of climate change. We work with organizations and individuals to inspire and facilitate a large-scale climate mobilization in the nine-county Genesee-Finger Lakes region by supporting the development of effective leaders, channeling their energy toward impactful, locally-relevant climate solutions, facilitating the implementation of those solutions, and removing barriers to progress.
Since forming in 2014, the Accelerator’s primary role has been to facilitate collaboration among organizations that are working to address climate change and related concerns. By coordinating and aligning the efforts of many organizations, the Accelerator increases the effectiveness and efficiency of our local climate movement. Because climate impacts and solutions touch nearly every aspect of our lives, including where we live, what we eat, how we travel, and how our neighborhoods are designed, the Accelerator uses a collective impact approach to bring together stakeholders from across sectors to collaborate.
We take an organized approach to the challenges at hand by targeting the system, facilitating multi-sector collaboration, leveraging the power of our growing network to demand action from community leaders, and tracking our progress with shared and transparent data. Current examples of these efforts include:
- Serving as a NYSERDA Clean Energy Hub to educate and foster residents’ participation in NY State’s clean energy economy, increasing access to energy efficiency and clean energy solutions for those most vulnerable to energy rate increases and volatile climate conditions;
- Convening the Climate Collective to advance implementation of the regional Climate Action Strategy;
- Helping businesses and nonprofits catalyze changes within their own organizations through a year-long educational program called Color Your Organization Green;
- Connecting and organizing concerned individuals, by municipality or neighborhood to advance high-impact climate solutions forward via our Color Your Community Green teams;
- Advocating for NY policy makers to advance clean energy legislation, insisting that important decisions prioritize equity, regenerative economic development, public health and ecological stewardship;
We center equity in our work and prioritize climate solutions that both accelerate emissions reductions and promote health, safety, and economic prosperity for all members of our community. Our involvement with under-resourced communities typically occurs through partnerships with organizations that serve or otherwise represent these communities. By leveraging the combined power of this network, we advocate for, and implement, equitable, intersectional climate solutions. These efforts to implement systems-level climate solutions will enhance the quality of life for our region’s residents in a variety of ways, such as improved public health, energy affordability, opportunities for green job development, sustainable transportation options, access to public greenspace, neighborhood stability/resilience, and home comfort. We invite you to join us in being part of the solution to climate change!
We focus on: The Environment, Community Benefit and Economic Development
Where we are: Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, Yates
We have a matching grant!
Double Your Impact with a 2x Match!
Whatever you can chip in today will be doubled by our partner, Hughsco of Rochester, who has generously agreed to match up to $1,000 for ROC the Day. We are so grateful for your support and theirs on this day of community giving.
Back to Not-For-Profits