Spiritus Christi Mental Health Center's staff of 2 employees and 20+ volunteer counselors, social workers, wellness practitioners, and advocates provides mental health care and other supports for uninsured and underinsured youth and adults. Timely care allows people in crisis to stabilize their situations and live less stressful, more productive, and healthier lives. This in turn helps to preserve limited community resources such emergency room visits, psychiatric hospitalization, and social services. The center offers individual, couple, family and group sessions, including a weekly peer-led support meeting for those struggling with isolation and daily living issues and a confidential group for women affected by abuse or violence.
What We Provide:
• Psychotherapy - to treat mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, addiction, and to combat the effects of trauma, abuse, social isolation and poverty
• Family Therapy - to resolve problems and complications in life cycle developments
• Support Groups - to support families and individuals struggling with mental illness, poverty, trauma, etc.
• Case Management/Advocacy - assistance obtaining psychiatric consultations for medication: health care and housing; expanding circle of support; referrals to specialist care; assistance with budgeting, and applications for financial, vocational and educational assistance
• Gentle Hatha Yoga classes for overall wellness
We focus on: Health, Human Services
Where we are: Genesee, Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Wyoming
Back to Not-For-Profits